Tuesday, August 28, 2007

[ 91.3 fM ]

Drove to Marina Square with CK last Sunday.. tuned in to 91.3FM.. and it turned out to be a topic of debate over dinner for the two of us.. apparently there was a prank call made and broadcasted over the radio.. I can't really rem the exact sentences.. but the content is definitely intact..

DJ: Hello. Is that Mr Lee speaking?
Mr Lee: Yes. Who is that calling?
DJ: I am the manager of the Katong Karaoke Pub.
Mr Lee: uhuh?
DJ: We are having a promotion now. We have imported Japanese girls wearing uniforms to serve our customers. And we are inviting you to join us. Would you like to reserve a room first?
Mr Lee: Woo Hoooooo! Japanese girls wearing uniforms ah? Good good good!
DJ: So Mr Lee, would you like me to reserve a room for you?
Mr Lee: Reserve a room not that important. Must reserve 3 girls for me leh.

(Unknown to Mr Lee - MRS Lee is on conference call with them and has heard everything that the husband has said.)

Mrs Lee: You better reserve one more also la.
Mr Lee: Hello? (SHOCKED)
Mrs Lee: You want to bring me also along right?
Mr Lee: Sorry? Who is this girl? (STILL IN SHOCK)
DJ: That is Mrs Lee.
Mrs Lee: You see.. you see..
Mr Lee: Darling, you see.. this one I was just preparing.......
Mrs Lee: You call me darling now ah! Japanese girls you like ah? You buy uniform la.. Japanese girl's uniform. I wear at night can!
Mr Lee: Darling, I call you back.
Mrs Lee: What call me back?

(The phone went dead and that marked the end of the prank call.)

Topic of debate: Who is the one at fault?

CK: DJ - He doesnt have the right to make such a prank call.
Angeline: Mr Lee - SERVE HIM RIGHT!
Marcus: DJ - It's against principles and everyone has temptations.
Shun De: DJ - He is breaking up the couple indirectly.
Lissa: Mr Lee - Betrayal is wrong.

No right or wrong. BUT I stick to my stand. It is obviously Mr Lee at fault. He doesn't have to succumb to his temptations. BUT yet he did. I don't deny that none of this would have happen if the DJ didnt make the call. Nonetheless, the guy was given a choice and he just have to bear the brunt of it. Case closed.

No comments: